Packager.io is a service that automatically packages your application as a DEB or RPM package, for a number of target distributions.
The process is as follows:
- register with your GitHub account.
- enable one of your applications that you want to package.
- every time you push new code to your GitHub repository, a build is launched on our servers. You can also manually launch a build from the user interface.
- during the build process, your code is fetched, and runs through a list of buildpacks, which take care of fetching all the dependencies required by your application, and then a DEB or RPM package is generated, and hosted in your own APT or YUM repository.
- you can now log-in on your servers, and install your application with a simple